It does not receive public funding
Editor in chief:
CLARA MOSCHINI

Facebook Twitter Youtube

Alitalia: the crucial week for the future begins

With no progress in the negotiations, the date of April 30 could not be postponed

Will the deadline for Ferrovie dello Stato (FS) to present the final offer to the Alitalia special commissioners be extended further? A hypothesis that would be taking more and more feet in government circles above all because in these 7 days it will be difficult to find a square since there are very many nodes still unresolved, especially as regards the composition of the shareholding. FS, the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) and Delta should have a total of 60% of the shares of the Alitalia carrier, while the problem is on the remaining 40% because the negotiations have "bogged down" waiting for Atlantia a definitive answer arrives on a possible participation.

A postponement of the deadline of April 30, however, may not be easy to obtain, if the steps forward made to the extraordinary commissioners will not be demonstrated. The risk is that on the table of Daniele Discepolo, Stefano Paleari and Enrico Laghi arrive the exact same extension request sent by Ferrovie dello Stato last month, when the new date was set to present the binding offer or at least to make news in the news negotiations. To try to overcome this impasse these days the advisors and managers of the FS will continue to seek -together with the Government- to involve the Benetton Group led by the CEO Giovanni Castellucci.

If it was to "skip" the negotiating table with Atlantia the commissioners could decide not to grant the extension to Ferrovie dello Stato, fearing two ways for Alitalia: the liquidation or Lufthansa, which could return to the field taking over Alitalia.

M/A - 1221041

© AVIONEWS - World Aeronautical Press Agency Srl