Aircraft. ITA Airways: soon Lufthansa offer
Expected initial investment of 180-200 million Euros for 40% of the company
These are crucial days for the negotiations on the privatization of the air carrier ITA Airways. The German aviation group Lufthansa would be ready to send its purchase offer to the Ministry of Economy and Finance (Mef). The proposal would be this: to immediately have 40% of the share capital of the Italian flag carrier, with the aim of taking control of the remaining 60% in 3-5 years, upon the occurrence of certain conditions.
This is what the Italian newspaper "Il Corriere della Sera" reports, which cites government sources, according to which the turning point could come this week, perhaps even by Christmas. However, given the presence in the Executive of a front against the transfer of the air carrier to the Germans, Lufthansa is asking for precise guarantees to be included in an armored agreement with fines in the million.
The deal would see an initial investment of 180-200 million Euros to acquire 40% of ITA Airways. The first move is expected in the coming days, while the signing of the agreement is expected by the end of the year. Finally, the necessary authorizations from control bodies, such as the European antitrust would arrive between May and June 2023.
AVIONEWS - World Aeronautical Press Agency